Friday, July 30, 2010

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

During the school year I pack lunches as I'm sure many of you do. Have you ever noticed the number of plastic bags you use for sandwiches, snacks, etc? This summer is when I realized how many I was using. I pack a lunch and 2 snacks for each of them to have at summer camp. So needless to say, it's a lot!

Today I came across an article in All You Magazine that talked about 2 mom's who started a business making reusable sandwich/snack bags. I am in love with the idea of sending lunches and snacks without using those plastic bags.

Those of you who know me well know that I am not a "Save the Planet" kind of gal but I do like to do my part when I can. We do recycle and I talk about eating organic! I am growing in this area of my life.

I plan on making my own version of this sandwich/snack bag with the mounds of leftover fabric I have accumulated over the years. If you'd like to check out their website it is www.reusies.com.

I'll post a picture of my first reusable bag when completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment